Here are some of the ideas I have:
1. Using Wikispaces or Wetpaint, focus on concepts by the students collaborating on what they find through research on a wiki.
2. To begin each unit, create a Readings, Writings, Listenings, and Doings (RWLD) (click to see examples from the final projects of our EIT class) to get the students thinking about what they have are about to learn.3. Using a video conferencing tool such as Skype, talk to professionals in different careers so the students can discuss with him/her about their career.
5. During class projects, make sure all students are involved by using Google Docs.
6. Using collaboration tools such as VoiceThread, have business professionals comment on students' business projects to get a real-life perspective on what they did.
7. Get my classroom involved with the Flat Classroom initiative so my "small town" students become more global and aware of what life is like outside of our town as well as state and/or country.Hopefully these ideas are just the beginning of helping to make my classroom more student-centric. I greatly look forward to what else is in store for this master's course. If anybody else has any thoughts on how to make these ideas better or any other ideas you have, I would greatly appreciate it.
Wiki Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomcochrane/543238906/
Google Docs Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bimp/4083906765/
Flat Classroom Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/julielindsay/2911262213/